We've watched the industry change of the years bringing you more and more options, and with our entertaining and informational videos and in-depth Definitive Guides, we help you pick an option that is right for you. And if have you still have questions, give us a call and talk to our airgun specialists for personal recommendations.
While traditional firearms use a small explosion to propel a projectile (bullet) out of a barrel, an air gun uses compressed air or CO2 to force the ammo (metal bb or pellet) out of the barrel. Our airguns are powered by CO2 cartridges, pistons with powerful coil or gas springs, or pre-compressed air. Not only do they come in a variety of power plants, but they come in a range of calibers extending from the small .177 to powerful big bores in .45 and .50 caliber. You can see why we love airguns and why they become more popular each year.
Benefits of air guns:
- Versatility. They are available in a variety of calibers and sizes appropriate for shooters of all ages and sizes, and many of them are quiet enough to shoot in a backyard. Whether you want to knock over cans with your friends or kids in the backyard, join a local field target club for some competitive shooting, or getting decked out for big game: they can do it all.
- Great for Learning. Because they tend to be quiet and don't have much recoil, they are great for introducing people to shooting. Master the fundamentals of shooting with one of these options and the skills will transfer to any shooting discipline. Plus, because you can shoot them in a basement or backyard you can get a lot more practice in.
- Cheap to Shoot. You can spend as little or as much on an airgun as you want, but the ammo is usually very cheap. If you arenít shooting big bores then typically you are looking at just a few pennies per shot and if you are shooting BBs it is even less.
- Safety. Standard firearm safety practices should always be followed when shooting airguns, but pellet and BB guns have less power than firearms and the projectiles don't carry as far, which makes them less dangerous. Teaching firearm safety with a BB gun or low powered break barrel is a great way to instill respect for guns into a new shooter.
- Accuracy. This is something that astonishes a lot of people who haven't used a modern version that can shoot sub minute of angle out to 100 yards and more. When you send 5 pellets into the same hole at 25 yards, you'll understand what we are talking about!
- Great for Training. Many CO2 replicas are virtual matches for the real firearm in size, weight, and trigger, making them great options for developing habits and skills that will transfer over to your sidearm of choice.