This Hawke scope has an etched-glass reticle which is superior to a wire reticle because it's much more precise. That lets you get even more accuracy from your gun. Another way that etched-glass reticles are superior to wire reticles is when they're illuminated. The etched ones show the illumination only on the reticle. It looks like the reticle is floating. Wire reticles often have a reflection of the illumination in the objective lens which can be distracting when shooting.
Hawke Airmax 4-16x50 Scope Features
- Rifle scope
- 6-24x magnification
- 50mm objective lens (adjustable objective)
- 30mm mono-tube chassis for superior strength
- 1/4 MOA (1/4" click value @ 100 yds)
- AMX mil-dot reticle (red illumination*)
- 10 yds to infinity parallax adjustment (side focus)
- 17.28 ft to 4.45 ft field of view
- 4" eye relief
- 26.70 oz.
- 15.55" long
- Includes 1 CR2032 lithium battery, screw-in flip-open lens caps, 100mm side wheel, lens cap removal tool, 3" screw-in sunshade, sidewheel removal tool, hex wrench, lens cloth and manual. RINGS NOT INCLUDED.
- Fully multi-coated
- Stepless rheostat for virtually infinite illumination adjustments
- Black matte finish
*If you don't use the illumination, the reticle will be black.
This item is not eligible for coupon discounts.
- ManufacturerHawke Sport Optics
- Eye Relief4"
- MountsNot included
- ReticleAMX IR
- Tube Size30mm
- WarrantyLifetime limited warranty
The clicks of the turrets were crisp and clean, zeroing the scope was a breeze, the glass is exceptional, I own several high end Leupold scopes, in my opinion these scopes are on par with them as far as clarity goes.
If you are considering purchasing a Hawke Airmax 30SF all I can say is DO IT! You won't regret it.