Crosman Optimus Combo Features
- 11mm Dovetail Scope Grooves
- Fiber optic sights with Fully Adjustable Rear Sights
- Ambidextrous Wood Stock
- 2-Stage Adjustable Trigger
- Includes 4x32 CenterPoint Optics scope & rings (unmounted)
to it. I hope it holds on to the powerfull kick. The kick makes the rifle a challenge to be accurate. By accurate I mean to hit the bulls eye on targets at 75 feet away. I am hitting the bulls eye at that distance. The rifle is set within 1" kill zone. The max. range to shoot pray would be around 105 feet. Zero it at 25yrds. This rifle kills pigeons and chicken with authority. Rifle is well made. It is easy to dissasemble and clean. The trigger can be improved to be lighter in the pull. There is a fix on you tube. Adding a heavy muzzle to it would help accuracy and muzzle lift when you fire. Archer Airgun sells one for 15mm barrel diam. I recommend this rifle to anyone.
WOW! Did this gun live up to claims! It averages 1225 fps with alloy and 1015 fps with 7.0 gr lead pellets and is dead nuts accurate! It is also fairly quiet, and very mild firing behavior! The recoil is just a gentle nudge straight back with no twisting or bucking!
This is by far the BEST .177 I have ever fired, and I have tested dozens! This is a real winner! Buy it!
The gun shipped quickly and actually looked like a brand new gun when I took it out of the box, if it wasn't for the refurbished sticker
on the stock I would have thought it was new. The gun breaks fairly easy and has has plenty of punch. Trigger was a bit disappointing
but after watching 2 you tube videos and purchasing a 5x8x2.5 millimeter bearing for 3.00 I had the trigger working great in about 20 minutes.
It took about 20 rounds to get the sight zeroed in at about 40 yards.
I thought it could be a scope issue so I thought I'd go with the iron sights. Wrong! The rear sight was missing pieces making it non-usable.
Contacted Crosman and they said "you probably broke rear sight yourself" so I was on my own . They eventually sent replacement parts after I had to bad mouth them on their own forum.
It's very reliable though, shoots every time. The velocity is pretty slow however ( I have the detuned Canadian version) It wont penetrate a soup can at 10 yards.
I'm thinking of upgrading the spring/piston to the non detuned version as I'm thinking the slower velocity may be partly to blame for the terrible accuracy ( at 10 yards you can't get a 5 shot group that you can cover with BOTH hands)
No way I would wish this on my worst enemy.
Stay far away (at least from the slow,inaccurate Canadian version)
Truly hope this helps someone
1. The Trigger - I stripped, removed and inserted a miniature roller bearing in the mechanism so that there was no sliding of metal on metal when engaging the trigger. I then de-burred and polished up both sheer points on the trigger sheer. Upon assembly, I used clear silicon grease.
2. The Spring and Piston Assembly - Once I got to the exact "cut to length" position for the spring, I fashioned a "seat" for the spring out of very tough teflon to protect the rear seat of the spring. I then washed the spring assembly with a mild thinners and polished up the inner piston tube to a shine. When all was done, I applied the clear silicon grease sparingly to the piston tube as well as the piston and seal. For the actual spring itself, I applied thick waterproof grease to help reduce the noise emanating from the spring. Then I assembled everything and SUCCESS! Have never looked back since!
PLEASE NOTE, you will have to fashion a spring press of sorts to compress the assembly.
Getting rid of rabbits real quickly, even without a scope.
get one, get one now and do not miss out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My wife had issues with cocking it but once broken in I hope it will ease up a bit. Dieseling present even after 30 or so shots, clean the darn barrel before shipping and that goes for all manufacturers. Put a ring around the front fiber optic to protect it. Pellets, including crosman's own, need to be tapped into the breach otherwise the skirt gets cut off when closing. Some checkering would be nice but for the price the wood is beautiful without it. It would be nice if manufacturers who also make pellets(I don't expect them to recommend other brands) would test fire their pellets and give some basic recommendations on which one gave the best groups. This would save us a lot of time and money testing all kinds of pellets.
Right out the box first shot was a dead center bullseye, one of the best I have ever shot, distance was 30ft and the pellet was one of the 10+grain Gamo round tipped. If you are looking for an entry level .177 break barrel look no further. My brother in law has a crosman phantom and his gun looks like a toy compared to the Optimus. The weight of this gun makes it feel like a firearm and commands respect. Buy it you will love it.
0.177Caliber 0.177 CalVelocity 1200 fpsLoudness 3-MediumMag Capacity 1
0.22Caliber 0.22 CalVelocity 900 fpsLoudness 3-MediumMag Capacity 1
0.177Caliber 0.177 CalVelocity 1200 fpsMag Capacity 1