Hatsan AT44 Tact QE Features
- Pre Charged Pneumatic (PCP), side-lever action, multi shot air rifle
- QuietEnergy fully shrouded barrel and Integrated Sound Moderator - 50% Quieter
- Fitted detachable telescopic stock can be removed, allowing the use with pistol grip only
- Precision rifled barrel
- Ambidextrous & ergonomic design pistol grip & synthetic stock
- Includes 3 Magazines, with spare magazine carrying slots in stock
- Elevation adjustable comb & adjustable rubber butt pad
- 3 Picatinny accessory rails beneath and on the sides of the forearm
- Detachable aluminum air cylinder tube (180cc). Spare cylinders are available
- "Anti-double pellet feed" mechanism
- Patented Anti-Knock System to prevent gas wastage
- Fitted sling swivels
- Gold plated metal trigger & metal trigger guard
- Hatsan sling included
Also, I recommend buying a 2nd air cylinder if you plan to use a pump so you can do all your pumping at home and focus on shooting when you are out. I get 30 shots from 3000 psi to to 2000 psi then it takes me 60 - 100 pumps to get back to 3000 psi with an Air Venturi G6
I got the .22 btw. Squirrels drop with one shot. I use the JSB 25g monsters and the JSB jumbo 18g pellets which are both excellent in the AT44.
Minuses: (1) it's heavy. After the scope & mount, it is well over 10 lb -- making it heavier than a medium bull barrel .308. Offhand shooting gets tiring very quickly. My oldest son (6) can collapse the stock to fit him but he can hardly move it to fire it safely and accurately due to the weight. So it's just dad's toy for now. (2) It's long and tall -- I've been having trouble finding a soft case it can fit into. For now, I'm just wrapping it in a thick quilt when I take it in the car. (3) I still can't figure out how to remove the adjustable stock. That might make storage a little easier. (4) I haven't been able to get as many shots as they advertise. After pumping to about 185 bar, I get about 25 shots before I can hear and see the pellets dropping. And they drop lower with every shot. This is in 90+ degree heat so not sure what, if anything, that does to things. (4) The anti double-feed simply doesn't work. I've had numerous double-feeds after loading a new cylinder. I found that I can usually avoid them by cocking the bolt all the way back before ejecting the empty cylinder. But sometimes, the bolt just doesn't want to go in and I end up with a jammed pellet or a double-feed. It's not often. But it's enough to make me really take my time loading and unloading each cylinder.
Overall, I really like the rifle. If it were a few pounds lighter or even shorter, I'd rate it a 5-star. But as it is, it's I think a few improvements can be made but it's still a keeper.
0.177Caliber 0.177 CalVelocity 1070 fpsLoudness 2-Low-Medium
0.22Caliber 0.22 CalVelocity 970 fpsLoudness 2-Low-Medium
0.25Caliber 0.25 CalVelocity 870 fpsLoudness 2-Low-Medium