Filling your Benjamin Armada air rifle to no more than 2-600 psi (179 bar) may deliver the most precision. We recommend trying different fill levels between 2000 and 3000 psi to determine the optimum fill level for your rifle. Each gun is different. A chronograph is the best way to determine optimum fill levels for pre-charged pneumatic's (PCP's). Most PCP's require 2-900-3-000 psi air pressure. You can run your air gun on high-pressure air from 2-000 to 3-000 psi by making the adjustments shown in the owner's manual.
Benjamin Armada Air Rifle Features
- Pre-charged pneumatic
- 10-shot repeater with auto-indexing feature (8 shots in .25)
- AR-compatible airgun
- Uses compressed air: 2,000 to 3,000 psi (make adjustments as shown in the owner's manual)
- Can be adjusted for different velocities
- Internal shroud makes this a VERY quiet gun
- Choked barrel delivers superior accuracy
- 2-stage adjustable match trigger -- and the trigger is metal!
- Raised aluminum breech for easier loading of circular magazine
- Machined receiver with 5" of Picatinny rail space
- AR-15 pistol grip and telescopic buttstock
- Sling-ready (there's a sling slot in the buttstock and a sling attachment point where the bi-pod is mounted)
- Ambidextrous stock
- Built-in air pressure gauge (manometer)
- 215 cc air reservoir
- 30+ shots per fill (in .22 caliber)
- Can be dry-fired
- 20" barrel
- 7.30 lbs. (10.40 lbs. with scope and bi-pod)
- Air reservoir ends with a male quick-disconnect Foster fitting for fast refills (requires a female Foster quick-disconnect adapter to fill from a scuba tank or hand pump)
- Includes degasser,* depinger, bi-pod (adjustable from 6" to 9"), 4-16x56 AO scope with 4" sunshade and co-witness rings; also includes 2 unmounted rails that are in the same bag as the owner's manual
*As of April 2, 2015, Crosman no longer includes a degasser, however some guns may still have them in the box.
- 4-16x magnification
- 56mm objective lens
- Mil-dot reticle
- 10 yards to infinity parallax adjustment
- 28 oz.
- 15.5" long
- Includes 4" sunshade and Weaver/Picatinny co-witness rings
- Folding legs
- Spring-loaded extendable legs
- 6-9" height
- Metal with rubber feet
- .80 lbs
I vet got a hand pump but them bought a fill tank much better
I love this thing use it for Varmint telling you its a beast
at 60 yds. its almost unfair I use the H & N Baracuda Hunter
great for my use and the hollow point too 27.47 gr
the light do fine but tend to ark a little and don't hold a steady pattern
ok for plinking but not when it counts .
At the end of the day what matters is are you having fun shooting and do you hit what you aim at. In the case of the Armada that I received the answer is absolutely yes! While I did discover a few minor annoyances (like the standard butt stock feels a bit sloppy but it shoulders secure so no big deal), over-all the rifle feels well made and stable. I've never had an issue cycling the bolt, although the Benjamin pellets are definitely tighter in the breech than the H&Ns, and never had any kind of magazine failure. It is heavy and I anticipated that it would be from other reviews I watched on-line. I did shoot it off-hand a few times and it balances further back than the Hatsan, which is very front heavy, but is not centered enough to make it a comfortable off-hand shooter IMO. But, off a rest it is a tack driver for me out to 30 yards and I suspect that is only the edge of its effective range. I just haven't had occasion to shoot it farther out yet.
The only caution; if you are going to use it for pest control as I have been doing this Spring (overrun with ground squirrels) be very aware of the field behind your target. At the distance I've been shooting (average 25 yards) even with the H&N hollow points every single head shot has been thru-and-thru hitting the material behind the target with considerable remaining energy. With the 31gr round nose pellets it will keep going a long way, so be aware. And if you are one of the unfortunate folks who somehow got a lemon in this rifle, send it back to Benjamin or find a qualified airgun smith to fix it because you are missing out on a PCP rifle that is a pure pleasure to shoot.
0.22Caliber 0.22 CalVelocity 1000 fpsLoudness 2-Low-MediumMag Capacity 10
0.177Caliber 0.177 CalVelocity 1100 fpsLoudness 2-Low-MediumMag Capacity 10
0.25Caliber 0.25 CalVelocity 900 fpsLoudness 2-Low-MediumMag Capacity 8