Benjamin Trail NP XL 725 Air Rifle
- With Nitro Piston Technology
- 70% Less Noise then the competitor’s “quiet” break barrel
- Gas Piston Technology uses Nitrogen as the power source, instead of a steel Spring
- Dramatically reduces felt recoil by eliminating the "double hit" and "spring torque" of a steel spring
- Quicker lock time leads to increased accuracy
- Hardwood Ambidextrous Stock w/Thumbhole Grip
- Integral Rail Mounting System – make mounting optics quick and easy
- Includes: CenterPoint 3-9x40mm with adjustable objective and Mil-Dot reticle, Swivel & Stud for Sling
Benefits of the Nitro Piston vs. Spring Piston:
- Smoother cocking
- Smoother shooting
- No spring torque
- No spring fatigue, even if you leave it cocked for hours
- Functions perfectly in cold weather
- Lasts longer than a metal spring
- Caliber0.25 cal
- Velocity725 fps
- Ammo TypePellets
- ActionBreak barrel
- Barrel StyleRifled
- Fire ModeSingle-shot
- Gun Weight9.7
- Overall Length48.25"
- Magazine Capacity1
- MechanismGas piston
- OpticsVariable / 1 inch Tube
- RailDovetail Mount
- Trigger Pull3.5
- UseSmall Game Hunting / Target Shooting
- Warranty1 Year Limited
If you want extreme accuracy just like in 2000 dolars pcp's and enough power to kill fox size game under 30 meters, then folow my steps like I did with my Benjamin Trail NP XL 725 .25 cal!
1. When you get the Benji, first fire up 50 shots in order to break-in piston and other internal parts!
2. Disasamble the whole rifle, barell, piston, chamber tube, stock and all others and clean everything with high quality lube/oil. I used Ballistol!
3. You would need few replacement parts: Walther Talon Piston Seal (odd 1.142), Steel or Brass Barell Washers, GRT-III Trigger, Hatsan 125 Magnum Breech Seal and Crosman RmCoil for lube!
4. Sand for glass finish whole Chamber Tube for Smoother Cocking and Increasing Velocity!
5. Install new Walther Talon Piston Seal!
6. Install new Hatsan 125 Breech Seal!
7. Install Steel or Brass Washers for preventing side to side play of your barell!
8. Install GRT-III Trigger!
9. Get a decent Scope and Mounts, Scope that can deal with Double Recoil. I have UTG Leapers 6-24x50 with Max Strenght Mounts!
10. Lube all parts with RmCoil and Assamble everything back.
11. Loctite all Screws!
12. Fire few shots to get rid of all excess oil!
13. Get Predator Polymag for max power!
14. Enjoj your best rifle!!!
Hope this helps!!!
This is not going to my boy after all this one is a must have.
Still trying different pellets and just throwing lead through it right now, I'd say holding 1 1/2" groups at 25 yards. At 75- 80 yards I hit a 5 gal. Bucket in center by holding about 3" high over top of bucket..(25 grain pellet)
I imagine it will get better with break in.. And yea.. It hits HARD.. after seeing a .25 cal pellet, you'll laugh at a .177.
with benajmin premier Domed, i pulled of 1 inch groups at 40 yds
those were the best two pellets i had, luckily they had the same POI
ive killed squirrels at 50 yards, doves at 90 yards, and a racoon at 20 yards, trust me, the long shots took some hold over
the scope is very good and clear
the power is outstanding, this doesnt get the 30fpe, but it gets arounf 25fpe, which is still very powerful
crhonoed at 902fps average with 14.3 gr pellets(gamo pba raptor0
758 fps average with 19.5gr beeman field target specials
this gun has a weaver mount instead of a dovetail, so no scope creep
this gun would give the RWS model 350 a run for its money
by the XL for all your small game needs
By Mike from spur tecas on January 1, 2012
By Staff on January 9, 2012
Answer:If you are having trouble with your rifle I would recommend speaking with our returns department about the issue. You can reach them by emailing them at email@example.com or by filling out an RMA form under the returns tab of our website.
By Dwight Shultz from Nanoose Bay . Canada V9P9B9 on February 9, 2012
By Carter from Washington on February 15, 2012
Answer:This gun is hard to shoot accurately because of the recoil, it kinda is a scope killer, but not often. Nitro will last you at least 4 years before you'll have to have it serviced. Real world velocity with 24gr pellets is like 600fps.
By john from pomona california on November 14, 2011