The AT-44, while only available in the US under the Hatsan name since about 2011, has quickly gained a strong following of airgunners who revere it for its power and no-nonsense reliability. The ambidextrous Monte Carlo stock features a wide flat forend but also has an integrated picatinny rail section for attaching bipods, the AT44 also comes with pre installed sling studs with swivels already included as well as a Hatsan shoulder strap. The AT44 features a steel breech, a brass trigger, and a cast metal trigger guard. The AT-44 QE also uses a super smooth side lever action that really is one of the best we have felt. The rifled 19.5 inch barrel features Hatsan's Quiet Energy sound suppression system to keep things quiet. Magazines are simple rotary type and are easy to load, however they are narrow so longer pellets such as the standard Polymags are out of the question. Another great feature of the AT-44 is the removable air reservoir. A removable reservoir allows you to charge extra reservoirs so re-fueling in the field is as easy as changing out the air tubes.
Hatsan AT44-10 QE (Quiet Energy) Pump Combo
- Precharged pneumatic
- Repeater (10-rd mag in .177 & .22- 9-rd mag in .25)
- Sidelever bolt-action
- Extremely powerful
- Anti-double-feed mechanism prevents more than one pellet from loading when gun has been fully cocked
- Fill reservoir up to 200 bar (2-900 psi)
- Includes a 1/8" BSPP probe with male threads
- Ambidextrous synthetic stock
- Textured grip
- Integrated rail accepts Weaver* or 11mm mounts (no open sights)
- 2-stage adjustable Quattro trigger
- Gold-plated trigger blade
- Rubber recoil pad adjusts vertically and angularly
- Removable air reservoir has built-in manometer (air pressure gauge)
- 180cc air reservoir volume
- Anti-knock system prevents gas waste if rifle is knocked or bounced
- Fully shrouded barrel
- Integral silencer reduces report by about 50%
- Weaver/Picatinny accessory rail for a bipod- laser or flashlight Up to 40 shots per fill (30-40 in .177 & .22- 18-27 in .25)
- Up to 46 ft-lbs. of energy (30 in .177- 42 in .22- 46 in .25)
- Ideal for hunting up to medium-size quarry
- Includes various o-rings- reservoir bleed valve- 1/8" BSPP probe with male threads- 2 rotary clips, sling, sling swivel studs, sling swivels and owner's manual
- Includes MK4 Hill Hand Pump
*Weaver mounts are not standard. We do not recommend using them.
so... after a ton of research on the best PCP for me and what I would be using it for.
I knew I had made the right choice the first shot I fired.
After My 100 round break in I cleaned the rifle and mounted a 3-9x40 Hawke scope on it and went outside to do a pellet test.
I ran 10 pellet types through it in 3 shot groups at 25 yards. When the dust settled the HN Baracuda Hunter Extreme had left a hole under 3/8".
At 50 yards there was very little change in that. Still under 1/2"
0.177Caliber 0.177 CalVelocity 1070 fpsLoudness 2-Low-MediumMag Capacity 10
0.22Caliber 0.22 CalVelocity 970 fpsLoudness 2-Low-MediumMag Capacity 10
0.25Caliber 0.25 CalVelocity 870 fpsLoudness 2-Low-MediumMag Capacity 9