The Marauder Pistol, or P-Rod as some call it, is basically the same trigger and grip frame used on the classic 1300 and 2200 series Crosman pistols, topped with a Marauder action and with a shortened air tube and barrel. These little guns can be configured as either a carbine or a pistol and with a multi-shot rotary magazine and smooth bolt they make for a quick shooting lightweight package. Weighing in at just 3.7 lbs without scope, the Marauder pistol has become a very popular lightweight small game gun.
The stock and fore-grips are made of durable hard plastic, making them lightweight but still strong. The trigger and trigger guard are both cast metal and add to the solid feel. The rifled steel barrel is shrouded and does feature a fairly basic sound suppression system to help quiet some of the report of the gun. On the underside of the fore-grip is an easy to read gauge which makes monitoring your fill pressure a snap. The Marauder pistol fills directly from a foster style fill valve located at the end of the air cylinder with a snap on plastic dust cover to keep it free of any debris. The receiver is solid aluminum and has a milled 11mm dovetail rail for mounting optics as well as an ambidextrous bolt that can easily be switched to either the left or right handed position.
Benjamin Marauder Pistol Pump Combo Features
- Pre-charged pneumatic (PCP)
- 8-rd circular mag with auto-indexing Integral shroud makes this a VERY quiet gun
- 12" choked barrel delivers superior accuracy
- Raised aluminum breech for easier loading of the clip
- 2-stage adjustable match trigger...and the trigger is heat-treated metal!
- 1.53 lbs. trigger-pull
- 29.75" overall length with stock
- 18" overall length without stock
- Uses 2-900 psi compressed air
- Built-in pressure gauge
- Air tank has a quick-disconnect male Foster fitting
- 65cc (4 cu in) reservoir
- Reversible bolt -- switch from right to left side
- Ideal for hunting small quarry up to 33 yds away
- No open sights- so you'll need a scope or dot sight
- Marauder pistol clips are not interchangeable with the Marauder rifle clips...and vice versa
- Includes one mag and shoulder stock extension
- Includes Benjamin Hand Pump
- Caliber0.22 cal
- Velocity700 fps
- Ammo TypePellets
- Barrel StyleRifled
- Fire ModeRepeater
- Gun Weight2.7
- Overall Length18
- Barrel Length12
- Magazine Capacity8
- MechanismPre-charged pneumatic
- Rail11mm dovetail
- Trigger AdjustabilityTwo-stage adjustable
- Trigger Pull1.53
- UseSmall game hunting/plinking
- Warranty1-year limited warranty
Des Plaines, IL
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Nice carbine configuration.
May 24, 2017
I do not use this as a pistol! Too long, too heavy, too big! BUT .... as a short, light, easy to work with carbine, it is a pleasure! It was nice stock, and fairly accurate, easy to pump up with the Benjamin pump. I could still breathe when I was done, and able to get a good 30+ shots. It shot CPHPs nicley, grouped well at about 22 yards, and was doing about 670 fps yielding a little over 14 fte at the muzzle. very good for a carbine shooting .22 and weighing under 5 lbs! Not one to leave things alone, changed valve, spring, added a moderator, mil spec folding and collapsing stock and some chrony time, fine tuning now yields about 19 fte with CPHPS at around 800 fps, and JSB 18.13 at about 745 fps to yield over 22 fpe at the muzzle. I can still shoot 3 mags (24 pellets) per fill. Mouse fart quiet! If you like customizing, tuning, playing around (beside just shooting) this is a very nice platform. Unlimited mods for this little toy!
Pros:You can make it VERY personal, aftermarket mods, extras, tuning, almost endless. Accurate, light, can still pack a punch, although just as nice out of the box!
Cons:Original stock can be loose (easy fix), must get the right scope mounts to allow the mag to fit.